Friday, January 2, 2009

1st Goal For Year 2009

I really wish to have a good beginning for year 2009. To be honest, I had pretty bad luck in year 2008. Whole long list of bad happenings!! Now all is over! I have to step ahead to start a new year, and to have my own resolutions. Actually by the end of 2008, I already started to take some actions in order to achieve my goal of year 2009. So, no regret.

Hubby and I are really serious about our house make over project. I called up a contractor for an appointment on yesterday morning. Within an hour, they turned up. :) So effective. Of course this is the same contractor who renovated my parents house before, and I know that they keep their words, and they guarantee on the workmanship quality. Overall they provide good service.

Two of them are brothers. They came and view our house, and we listed down all the areas that we wish to renovate. They did the measurements and jotted down all the details. They emphasized that all the material cost has been increasing over the months, so their quotation will be a little bit higher.

When they left, I told hubby that "gai liao" cuz we have so many items need to be done. We even estimated the cost. We guess we'll need to spend at least 35 to 40k. If that is the case, then we'll have to sacrifice some area and focus on the essentials only. Hai......just try to imagine, our house is about 6 years old. We occupy it for 4 years. Wear and tear is definitely the main factor that cause some minor damages that required to fix as soon as possible. Maintenance fee is not cheap.

The contractor kept his promise, and he delivered us the quotation on time today. Hubby was the one who received it. Of course the first question I posted was on the cost la! I took a look and .......I felt totally relieved. Phew.......Took a long breathe. Total cost is RM21,350. What a reasonable price to fix all the 15 items!

Well, the renovation will only start after Chinese New Year. Although it won't transformed my house into a something grand, but definitely there are some huge changes. I'm anticipating to see the outcome!

10 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

will definitely get the contact from you once I have my house.

Little Inbox said...

Ok, no problem! Estimated when can get the key? Are you going to move over to Penang?

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Hi Love is colorful & NKOTB,

It's good to have penang fellow bloggers & discover your blog... May both of your home & family life be blessed with happiness always :D

KaDusMama said...

:) RM21k is definitely reasonable as materials are not cheap nowaday..! If only you stay in KL, you can get your house done by our company..hehe

Little Inbox said...

Modern Robinson Crusoe, thank you. :)Why not you turn on the comment column in your blog, so that I can leave you some message in your blog.

Kadus Mama, wah, beh tahan cuz your company's project all very espensive one...

Mummy In Vain said...

New Year tag to u...

http://mummyinvainslifejournal.blogspot.com/2009/01/fun-google-tag.html

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

HI Littile inbox/ Life's colorful :

Thanks for the suggestions..:-) ...I had answered your question in my P.S 2 today's posting....But it's nice to know that there're someone out there who would care to encourage me as well in my blog...Thanks again..Sincerely from fellow penangites...

Little Inbox said...

Mummy In Vain, haha, I have that in my draft since Dec 22nd, just haven't post it. :) Thanks for the tag.

Modern Robinson Crusoe, no problem. We are here to learn from each other and also to encourage each other. That makes blogging more meaningful, right?

nana said...

ahh i hope 2009 will bring you lots of joy and success! the house makeover sounds fun, i hope your house will be more pretty than it is already when everything's done :)

Little Inbox said...

Nana, thanks to you! Hopefully the renovation going smooth. :)

Wishing you for a fulfilling 2009!