Sunday, December 21, 2008

Busy Friday

Last Friday was really a busy day for me. Once I reached the office, my lady boss approached me immediately. I was late for 15 minutes, hehe she must be in a hurry looking for me. Know what? She instructed me that I don't need to do any single job on that day, from 8.00am to 5pm. Hah? What happened?! Phew...luckily it was not a bad news to me. I was told to learn other products from the other Senior Engineer. His name was in the VSS list, but he didn't submit his application form even though he was called to HR Director's office. So, my boss need to back up a contingency plan in case he'll be asked to leave the company on 22nd Dec, which is tomorrow.

My boss already told me before this on her re-org plan. Basically I know I'll need to take up additional 2 to 3 products after this VSS. This is pre-planned, to make my time fully occupied. I guess it's not only me, but the whole company will be restructured in order to continue the operations.

Learning to compile the weekly and monthly reports itself already took me few hours. Then I started to practice on the data retrieval. There are roughly 8 reports required to send to customers. I have not learnt the manufacturing process yet, so I just jot down the queries in the Access database and get myself familiar on the data compilation process. If not hands on, very soon, I'll forget all the steps. :(

I foresee tomorrow will be another sad day. We'll be seeing a lots of colleagues leaving the company. Some of them hold heavy commitments. After the retrenchment, they will have even bigger burden to bear. I just hope they will able to go through the difficulties, and be strong.

3 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

like what you advise me.... it's all beyond our control

KaDusMama said...

Just dropping by to wish you Merry Xmas (though you don't celebrate directly)..have a nice holiday..!!

Little Inbox said...

New kid, easy to say, but difficult to act, agree?

Kadus Mama, Merry Christmas to you and your family!