Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Panic Over The Technologies



Technology brings to us a comfortable living, but at the same time it brings danger to humankind. This is so called pros and cons.

Plastic container enable us to store food and drinks. Who knows plastic raisins that contain BPA is dangerous? As a "kia si" human being, I screened through all the plastic container at home. Those with #1, #3, #6 and #7 were thrown away. If can, I'll just use glass and clay container only.

Microwave oven is one of the most convenient kitchen helper in preparing meals. I heard of too many scary true stories. There are too many precautions need to be aware of. As such a lazy bug, I just keep it in the store room. I'll never use it.

Instant noodle, for instance, is one of the popular food among those who are lazy or too busy to prepare their food. I understand wax is used in the instant noodle manufacturing process. Wax is use to prevent the noodles stick to each other when it's cooked. Such a health freak, I would rather choose to use organic noodle. Recently I discover that angle hair spaghetti is so convenient to use in cooking my healthy and simple dish. I'm satisfied with it's texture. It's suitable for preparing a noodle in soup, home made sauce, wantan mee style, or mee goreng style.

With the recent Melamine scare, shall I stop any dairy product intake? Sigh...

On the other hand, I rely on internet technology very much. I can't imagine to live without it. I need to phone through Skype. I need to watch movies through PPLive. I want to blog through Blogger and I want to read news online..... I can't really live conveniently without internet.

I'm not going to give up the air conditioner too... Malaysia is definitely too hot without it.


8 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

:D
Nobody will give up aircond in M'sia for those that can afford. Living in M'sia now is getting hot and hotter.

Even raining days I also turn on my aircond, just too hot to live with it.

Why become so hot, just 1 simple reason, over developed, especially hill cutting.

Little Inbox said...

Oh yes! It's getting hotter. I'm so afraid of going out most of the time.

~Ling~ said...

Hihi

My 1st visit here. =) Definitely technology have taken over our lives...I cannot imagine a day without my hp, not being able to access the internet, etc.

Agree that technology had made our lives easier however the tradeoff to me, is the face to face interaction and social bonding of neighbours, friends,etc...

Little Inbox said...

Hi Jade, thanks for visiting my blog. I just hopped back from your's. :)

KaDusMama said...

Because of technology, we, humankind are getting lazier everyday..pay bill also use online..! True or not??

By the way..got tag for you to do.. :) interesting one oh...

Little Inbox said...

Kadus Mama, yalor, getting lazier already. Punggung sit on the chair can do most of the thing online. Not a good thing I would say.

Tag again? Ok, ok. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

didn't know that wax is used when making instant noodles. think i should throw away the few packets i have in the pantry.
thanks soooo much for sharing.

Little Inbox said...

No problem, skinnymum. By the way, thanks for visiting my blog. :)