Saturday, February 21, 2009

Senior Leadership Style



A couple of months ago, I attended a course on Senior Leadership Style. This is the helicopter that our team built in 10 minutes time. It was build using old newspapers, so this outcome is considered "passed". Hehehe...

The Helicopter is a transportation to represent the senior leadership style. People who transported in the helicopter will be able to see things clearly as they are above all the things. This is so called the bird's-eyes view. A successful leader must be a good observer who can see things from all perspectives. He/she should be able to listen to subordinates' feedback upon making good decisions. This is the factor to differentiate between a leader and a manager. So, not all managers are leaders.

I'm blessed to have a manager who is also a good leader. I admire her because of her knowledge, , experients and capability. She has the intellectual power, but at the same time she listens to us and protects us. At times when we were wrong, she points it out and holds discussions with us in order to understand the whole scenario. I have subordinates too and I'm on my way picking up the skills from her. Still long way to go.

2 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Indeed it's a good thing, if you have a good leader to emulate the leadership..... Good for you & may you be a good leader in near future too...:-)

Little Inbox said...

MRC, yalor, she is a good example for me. :)I'm lucky.