Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Little "Meat Dumpling"



Today my colleagues and I ( 5 of us) got a meat dumpling each which was distributed by our HR Director, who is a Muslim guy. The HR Director distribute "bak chang" to us, ya....Oh, it's the vegetarian meat dumplings, ok? :P . By the way, I'm not from HR department. So surprise why he distribute the "bak chang" to us, but not to his subordinates. *Scratching head*

This is my early "meat dumpling" before the Dumpling Festival this coming Sunday. I brought the little dumpling back to share with hubby. I ate the ingredients, and he finished up the sticky glutinous rice, haha...so naughty hor. I restrict myself from taking any food contained glutinous rice.

I didn't take any photo on the dumpling cuz it doesn't look tempting at all. Let's see what ingredients hiding inside the little vegetarian dumpling. It has wheat gluten as the "fake" pork, a chestnut, some mushrooms and some beans. Not bad. A healthy version of meat dumpling. Thanks to En. Azlan for sharing this with us.

6 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

are we suppose to avoid glutinuos rice?? and why?

Little Inbox said...

I'm not sure, but I know that glutinous rice is not good to our stomach if you have gastric. Hokkien said hong "wind". My colleague sit beside me always take care of me for not eating unhealthy food. Glutinous rice is one of them wor.

New Kid on the Blog said...

Unfortunately there's a pregnant woman friend of mine, said that she's ok to take. Or we are over protecting ourselves??

Little Inbox said...

New Kid, prevention is better than cure, right?

KaDusMama said...

BAK CHANG!!!!! My favourite that one..I love the one with egg yolk + mushroom + lots of meat + whatever they stuffed inside it..nyummm!!

Little Inbox said...

Kadus_Mama, me too, I love to eat bak chang, but now are not allow to take. :(