Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lotion of My Love

When I was in Form 5 of my secondary education, my team and I (5 of us) participated in a Science contest which was organised by our school. The contest was divided into 3 categories, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. We chose to take part in Bio category. After a long discussion on what topic should we focus on, then our creative leader popped up an idea and suggested to research if body lotion have efficacy on anti-bacteria besides acting as moisturizer. You know lah, almost all young chicks love skin care products mah, so there was no objection from 4 of us. All of us were very excited with the topic, and were eagerly to know the outcome.

Then, a series of experiment from 5 lil' scientists began. We did several experiments by using roughly 8 types of body lotions. We used ethanol to sterilize our skin before applying each type of lotion and collected sample to grow. Each sample was monitored by daily basis versus the control sample (without lotion applied). We monitored the growth of bacterias on each samples for 1 week. So, based on the results, we concluded that our hypothesis was right. Lotion has the anti-bacteria effect. And the most happy moment was we won the first prize and got a chance to represent the school to participate in the Science exhibition, which was organized by Penang state government. It was a fruitful experience. We learned to present our research in front of public, and interviewed by reporters. So proud hor? :)


After so many years, I have forgotten which brand of body lotion has the best effect of anti-bacteria. Now, I just base on my personal taste to select any type which suits my liking. Currently I'm using the range from The Vaseline Intensive Care - Aloe Cool & Fresh and Total Moisture. This light-weight moisturizer that's quickly absorbed to provide refreshing moisture without feeling sticky. I prefer these 2 scent rather than the intensive white care, cuz 2 of them are with natural good smelling. It promotes comfort, freshness and radiance to my skin. Hmm...I really like the smell :) It's so so so natural especially the Aloe Vera smell. It suits my requirement as I don't like strong perfume smell.

6 comments:

KaDusMama said...

Ya!!!! I'm currently using Yellow Colour one. Make my skin soft and smooth. Before this, I used St. Ives lotion, but i hate the smell..hehehe So come we promote more people to use Vasseline Lotion..

Little Inbox said...

Kadus_mama, yes, I agree! Good things must be shared together, isn't it? Let more ppl know about it. Good to know that you are also using it. :)

nana said...

hey i'm using vaseline too..but the advanced healing one, for my legs haha! to get extra moisture ;)

Little Inbox said...

mekurukito, hey nice to know that you are using veseline too...

nana said...

hey you can call me nana ;)

Little Inbox said...

Ok, nana! :)