Monday, June 23, 2008

Longed for a puppy~

My dear and I recently had a thought of getting a puppy for companionship and some fun...but we were a bit worried about the doggy smell and the shedding.

We would like to have a pup staying indoors, so we are looking into toy dog category. We searched through the web and short list a few breeds that we think is suitable...

First is the Australian Silky Terrier...Friendly, happy, alert, great family pet. Always happy to be with their family, and travels well. Very intelligent, will keep an eye open for trouble, but will not become aggressive and noisy.


Second is toy poodle...Toy Poodles are entertaining little animals. They will play ball and love to fetch. Play time is very important, but you must be sure that they get plenty of rest following long play periods and fresh water available at all times. Poodle is one of the easiest to train, and they learn very quickly where to relieve themselves.


Chihuahua...the only short hair dog of the bunch here, however, they do not fear anything, and tends to a bit noisy. They think they are the master of the universe!


And finally Maltese...another fearless pup. Many Maltese seem relatively indifferent to creatures/objects larger than themselves, which makes them very easy to socialize with other dogs, and even cats. That's the last thing we want to have in our house....dog playing with cats! *fainted

So what do you think is the best pup? Any other recommendations?

18 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

Golden Retriever!!
I have one at home now, so playful. Loves to get into his daddy's car whenever his daddy opens the car door.

Little Inbox said...

New kid, Golden Retriever is too big. I don't have coumpound to let it run around. I'm thinking of wanna keep a pet dog in my house.

Liang Mui said...

schnauzer... i think tat's the spelling ar.. i like schnauzer.. very intelligent and playful..

Little Inbox said...

Liang Mui, Schnauzer is cute, but I'm afraid that it keep on drooling, and the hair near its hair is always wet wet. That's what I saw in TV wor...

KaDusMama said...

the Maltese is cute..look clean too..

Little Inbox said...

Kadus Mama, yes, Maltese is cute. But it like to play even with cats. Here a lot of stray cats wor, if it invites the stray cats, then how ar? The condition may be worse.
Last time hubby's friend also keep Maltese as his pet, but one day Maltese kena culik pulak. Follow other ppl back home liao. :(

Kiersten said...

I personally wanted to get a Maltese, until I got a piano hehe...I sure don't want my doggie to scratch my beloved piano, you see.

The reason why I wanted a Maltese is because they are really adorable. Their fur is silky soft, and they don't shed like how Shih Tzus do. My friend has a Maltese too, and she said it is very friendly. Don't know about it interacting with cats though...

Little Inbox said...

Lil' Ms Pinky, just talk to my colleague. He also recomended Maltese. His friend also have one Maltese. Very friendly and easy to train. Hmm...can consider about it. Hopefully it can help me to "shoo" away the stray cats instead of playing with them.

Anonymous said...

Hmm personally I like big dogs but I have to say that it's really quite difficult to handle them - well at least for me since I'm petite. lol. My GR bullies me all the while. @.@ My colleague has an Australian Silky Terrier who is quite intelligent. My cousin has a Shih-Tzu, whom I think is a bit bodoh. Scared of everything including my GR. LOL.

Little Inbox said...

Huey, bullied by your GR? Haha...Xiao Bi is cute. If I have compound, I would like to have GR as my pet too, cuz big dog used to be more intelligent.
Hmm...ok, I'll consider about Australian Silky Terrier.

Anonymous said...

Yeah coz she is big right and she knows it. Last night itself she knocked me several times when I was trying to have her back in her garden territory. @.@ Maybe you can consider keeping 2 dogs? They won't get so boring when they have companion. :D Like XB is always boring. No one for her to kacau. :P

Little Inbox said...

Huey, May be Xiao Bi is boring, that's why she used to kacau you, haha...
Err...keeping 2 dogs arr? I'm afraid I can't take care of them. May be will keep one first cuz I have no experience mah.

Liang Mui said...

my fren keeps a Corgi.. funny one.. extremely friendly.. and doesnt simply barks.. even scat of cockroach and cats.. funny doggie..
u can check its blog @ http://www.little-bigboy.blogspot.com/

Little Inbox said...

liang mui, Corgi is good, and I really like its appearance, but it is not really a house dog wor...It'll grow big.
Hai...I'm so choosy hor?

ღ NinieJane ღ said...

OMG.. those puppies were so cute!!!...

Little Inbox said...

Ninie Jane, welcome to my blog! Yes, they are so cute! I wish they belong to me. Haha...

Anonymous said...

I like Australian Silky Terrier. Cute la.wv

Little Inbox said...

Moomookun, hah, finally pay me a visit ya. I just went to Chou Tian Yang at Burmah Road. Fall in love with one Silky Terrier, cost for RM700. I looked at him for a long time...but still decided to give up in the end. :( Hai...